Congrats OSU Women's Tennis
No. 10 Shut Out Scarlet Knights, 7-0
Ohio State now 13-3 overall and 10-1 in B1G play
COLUMBUS, Ohio – In its first outdoor match of the season at the Auer Tennis Complex, the No. 10-ranked Ohio State women’s tennis team shut out Rutgers, 7-0, Sunday afternoon. The Buckeyes moved their overall record to 13-3, with a 10-1 mark in Big Ten matches, with the victory.
Against the Scarlet Knights (1-9, 1-8 B1G), Isabelle Boulais, Kolie Allen, Lisa Hofbauer and Lucia Marzal all won in singles and doubles and Irina Cantos Siemers and Luna Dormet both picked up singles wins.
- The Buckeyes won on courts three and one to clinch the doubles point for the 11th straight match.
- The duo of Lisa Hofbauer and Lucia Marzal prevailed over Jaci Cochrane and Daira Cardenas, 6-2, on court three. Hofbauer and Marzal are 7-1 in dual matches, all in B1G play, this spring.
- On court one, Isabelle Boulais and Kolie Allen were 6-4 winners against Maya Jacobs and Chloe Brown. The Buckeye duo is 9-1 in dual matches this year, with a 6-0 mark in B1G outings.
- The Buckeyes won four singles matches in straight sets and two in a super tiebreaker to close out the shutout.
- Marzal put the Buckeyes ahead 2-0 as she dropped just one game in each set against Brown on court four. She is a team-best 15-2 overall and 13-1 in dual matches this spring.
- Luna Dormet followed with a 6-1, 6-0 victory over Cardenas on court six, giving Ohio State a 3-0 lead. Dormet improved to 13-1 on the year and 11-1 in dual play with her victory.
- On court one, Boulais defeated Jacobs, 6-4, 6-0, to clinch Ohio State’s fourth point and the team win. The Buckeye junior is now 8-4 in dual matches.
- Allen was a 6-3, 6-2 winner against Sydney Kaplan on court three for a 5-0 Ohio State lead, moving to 7-3 in B1G dual matches.
- The final two matches went to a super tiebreaker and finished within a minute of each other.
- On court five Hofbauer won the first set, 6-4, against Cochrane but dropped the second, 3-6. In the super tiebreaker, the Buckeye won 10-8. The win was Hofbauer’s 10th overall this year and her ninth in dual play.
- Irina Cantos Siemers faced Tess Fisher on court two. The Scarlet Knight claimed the first set 6-4 before Cantos Siemers evened the match, dropping just one game in the second set. The Buckeye won 10-6 in the super tiebreaker, helped by a four-point run that gave her an 8-5 lead. She has an 11-4 mark in dual matches and is 14-4 overall this year.
Tennis Match Results
Rutgers vs Ohio State
Mar 21, 2021 at Columbus, Ohio
(Auer Tennis Complex)
#10 Ohio State 7, Rutgers 0
- Isabelle Boulais (OSU) def. Maya Jacobs (RU) 6-4, 6-0
- #78 Irina Cantos Siemers (OSU) def. Tess Fisher (RU) 4-6, 6-1, 1-0 (10-6)
- Kolie Allen (OSU) def. Sydney Kaplan (RU) 6-3, 6-2
- Lucia Marzal (OSU) def. Chloe Brown (RU) 6-1, 6-1
- Lisa Hofbauer (OSU) def. Jaci Cochrane (RU) 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (10-8)
- Luna Dormet (OSU) def. Daira Cardenas (RU) 6-1, 6-0
- Isabelle Boulais/Kolie Allen (OSU) def. Maya Jacobs/Chloe Brown (RU) 6-4
- Irina Cantos Siemers/Luna Dormet (OSU) vs. Alisa Prinyarux/Tess Fisher (RU) 4-5, unfinished
- Lisa Hofbauer/Lucia Marzal (OSU) def. Jaci Cochrane/Daira Cardenas (RU) 6-2
Rutgers 1-9, 1-8 B1G
Ohio State 13-3, 10-1 B1G; National ranking #10
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1); Singles (4,6,1,3,5,2)
Official: Julio Colon T-2:22 A-41